The Case Against
Let me state emphatically, I am not a violent person, and do not advocate violence. I own no weapons, and have no training. But I believe there are two questions every believer needs to get serious with God about: A) What if I have to die? B) What if I have to kill? We are entering dangerous times---don't suppose you won't find yourself in such a position- now is the time to pray it through. I believe the Bible is clear.
- "Be as harmless as doves" Jesus says in Mathew 10:16
- "Do violence to no man" John the Baptist told his followers, Luke 3:14
- Live by the sword, you will die by the sword; Matthew 26:52 and Revelation 13:10
- "IF My kingdom were of this world, THEN would My servants fight" Christ told Pilate, John 18:36
- "Overcome evil with good" Paul taught his disciples, Romans 12:18-21, "live peacably"
- "Turn the other cheek" from the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5:38-39
- "Love your enemies, pray for them" Matthew 5:44
- "We wrestle NOT against flesh & blood" affirms Paul in Ephesians 6:12
- "The weapons of our warfare are NOT carnal", he adds in 2 Corinthians 10:3-4
- Jesus rebuked His disciples who wanted to destroy cities that didn't welcome Him, Luke 9:55-56, "You know not what manner of spirit you are of", He told them.
- When Peter struck Malchus with a sword, Jesus stopped him, and healed the man's wound; Luke 22:51, "Suffer ye thus far".