Saturday, February 15, 2014

Should Christians Fight? Part 1: The Case Against

  The days near when the Mark of the Beast is the law of the land, and the Anti-Christ rules the world. Should Christians take action against an oppressive government? By "action", I mean, assassination, sabotage, and so forth: violent action. Is there ever a right time to take up arms? I will examine both sides from the Scriptures.
The Case Against
   Let me state emphatically, I am not a violent person, and do not advocate violence. I own no weapons, and have no training. But I believe there are two questions every believer needs to get serious with God about: A) What if I have to die? B) What if I have to kill? We are entering dangerous times---don't suppose you won't find yourself in such a position- now is the time to pray it through. I believe the Bible is clear.
  • "Be as harmless as doves"  Jesus says in Mathew 10:16
  • "Do violence to no man" John the Baptist told his followers, Luke 3:14
  • Live by the sword, you will die by the sword; Matthew 26:52 and Revelation 13:10
  • "IF My kingdom were of this world, THEN would My servants fight" Christ told Pilate, John 18:36
  • "Overcome evil with good" Paul taught his disciples, Romans 12:18-21, "live peacably"
  • "Turn the other cheek" from the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5:38-39
  • "Love your enemies, pray for them" Matthew 5:44
  • "We wrestle NOT against flesh & blood" affirms Paul in Ephesians 6:12
  • "The weapons of our warfare are NOT carnal", he adds in 2 Corinthians 10:3-4
  • Jesus rebuked His disciples who wanted to destroy cities that didn't welcome Him, Luke 9:55-56, "You know not what manner of spirit you are of", He told them.
  • When Peter struck Malchus with a sword, Jesus stopped him, and healed the man's wound; Luke 22:51, "Suffer ye thus far".
We are to follow Christ's example of non-voilence; He came to save lives, not to destroy. Luke 9:56 : )

No comments:

Post a Comment