Saturday, November 11, 2017

I Missed the Rapture---AGAIN!

   They tried to warn me!  Over and over they showed me the signs, but I was like, Whatever. Recently, there appeared in the heavens a sign: the constellation Virgo lined up between the Sun and Moon for the first time in like, a gazillion years. And that's supposed to be what John saw in Revelation 12:1 (which eschatologists throughout the ages assumed to be either the nation of Israel, the Virgin Mary, or the Church) and that means, once again, it's Rapture time!
   And I missed the Rapture again, just as I have every time since I first heard of The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory back in the mid-to late 1970's. I missed in back in '88, then again in 2000, then in 2012, after that, whatever date Isaac Newton supposedly calculated, the Blood Moons and the Jubilee, not to mention the Great American Eclipse. Besides a whole bunch of random mini-raptures every few months. I'm beginning to think the LORD doesn't like me. Why else would I keep getting Left Behind?
   Now I ain't the sharpest tool in the box. I, who am less than the least of all saints, seem to have been born with a knack (and a taste) for picking apart flimsy arguments. But we all have our crosses to bear. What I want you to know, Dear Reader, is that all these rapture alerts are totally bogus.
   Why? Very simply, no one can predict the time of Christ's coming, and those who do are not speaking by the Spirit of God! Sound harsh? Yet the Apostle Paul cautioned his disciples, "...be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand" (2 Thessalonians 2:2).  And I might add, neither by televangelist, nor by magazine, nor by Youtube video. Don't let them get you worked up.
   And don't you know any date anyone picks for the Rapture or the Second Coming is automatically wrong? Because Jesus taught His disciples, "the Son of Man cometh at an hour when ye think not."  in Luke 12:40.  So one of the things that characterizes the day of the Lord's return is that it happens when we don't expect it.  So it is impossible to predict the day of the Rapture; any day you pick is immediately disqualified. Why? Because it's not an hour ye think not. It's an hour ye think so. 
   I'm convinced Satan has a little committee of demons whose sole job and purpose in the kingdom of darkness is to think up goofy stories to fool unstable Christians the Rapture is coming next month or the month after that! The Mayan calendar, Newton's calculations, archeological finds, scientific breakthrough, historic world events, people's dreams and visions, Nostradamus's inscrutable babblings; all are fodder for the Lying Spirits' Club.
 I wish I had a dollar for every false Rapture prediction I've heard and seen. I don't even bother debinking them anymore, since time itself is the greatest debunker of false predictions. You tell me September 23rd is it, and I wake up September 24th to the same old, same old. The only thing new is the new date  you give for the Rapture!
   And can I let you in on a little secret? The people and groups pushing these predictions don't believe it themselves.  While they're telling you it's all over come 9/23, they're busy expanding their operations, buying up land and building new buildings for all the new members their false prophecies will bring in. It's Big Bucks! Sadly, the evangelical Church has stolen a page from the WatchTower Society's handbook. They're using the same cheap trick the JW's have been pulling since 1914.
   I tell you the truth: by the time you read or watch their prediction that the Rapture or Second Coming or End of the World as we know it is next week or next month, They already have written up an explanation why it didn't happen that day. Some lame excuse that their calculations were off just a hair. And, they already have the new date picked out! Don't be deceived!
   God is not the Author of confusion. He's not the one giving out these phony predictions! The Holy Spirit comes to lead you and guide you into all truth, Jesus said. "All truth" means no lies. The Holy Spirit doesn't give people theories. He gives us truth, and, "...frustrates the tokens of the liars, and makes diviners mad; that turns wise men backwards, and makes their knowledge foolish; that confirms the word of His servant  and performs the counsel of His messengers..."  (Isaiah 44:25-26)
   As I write this today, be sure in the next few months will come the latest "revelation" of the latest sign and it's attendant non-sequitors and syllogisms which give "definite proof!" it's really gonna happen this time. Don't buy it, folks. Junk like that comes up in your newsfeed, just delete it. I don't care how long they've been around, how big a ministry they've got, how well-respected they are; if they're telling you they know when the Rapture is, or who the Antichrist is, or when God's judgement will fall, just ignore it. They don't  know.
   We are told to watch and pray, not to jump on every bandwagon that comes down the 'pike. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me a hundred times, shame on me.
   Let's stop circulating the sensationalistic junk and fake prophecies.
   Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment