Saturday, September 13, 2014

Ears to Hear

  You know you can read a passage of Scripture 1,000 times and not get what God is saying? How many times have you read a verse of the Bible and said, "I never saw that!"? But how often we can read a passage over & over, yet see nothing but our own church's or denomination's view? How often God's word goes in one ear & out the other! Or the thing is so cryptic, so hard, all the commentaries & translations you own can't make heads or tails of it? We've all been there.
   BUT I DON'T WANNA BE THERE!!!! Isaiah wrote it, Christ and Paul quoted it: (Isaiah 6:9-10, Matthew 13: 14-15, Acts 28: 26-27)  "Go, tell this people, Hear ye indeed but understand not; and see ye indeed but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes..."
   Lord, I DO NOT want to be one of those people! Don't know about you, I'm tired of not hearing what God is saying; tired of thinking I know what His word means when I'm not even close! In these days we're living in, we need to know what the prophets have written, what God has spoken, what the Spirit has revealed! "He that has ears to hear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches" God, if I don't have ears to hear, "clean the potatoes out" as my Dad used to say! Anoint my eyes with eyesalve that I may see!
   I think a lot of people are hypnotized; they go to church each week, hear the Word preached, but it has no effect; it bounces right off like seeds the sower dropped on the sidewalk! "Today, if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts..." (Psalms 95 & Hebrews 4) How hard is my heart? How much bitterness & unforgiveness dwell there?
   Listen, I'm not content to jump on the bandwagon and just accept everyone else's eschatology! I know there are holes in their arguments! Remember when so many thought the Rapture was in 1988? I was sayin' "NO" And when they all thought the computers were gonna crap out in 2000? I said it wouldn't happen. There's a ton of stuff people are saying today, and some of it's good, a lot I agree with, but I don't want to miss God. If possible, even the Elect will be deceived. Count me out, no thanks!
   Jesus promised the Holy Ghost would lead us & guide us into all truth; that if we ask for wisdom , He'll give it liberally! He said the words of Revelation & Daniel were sealed unto the time of the end...LORD, I pray open those seals! Make us understand; we confess we don't get it with our natural minds! The Bible told us 1000's of years ago what would come to pass....yet we didn't get it! God, You're not the author of confusion....soften my heart, open my eyes, give me ears to hear....

No comments:

Post a Comment